Tuesday 7 October 2014

REVIEW: Lip Nourish (chai shimmer) from lük beautifood

"Did you know that up to 60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed?"

That was the opening line the ladies Cindy and Kimberly used to capture my attention to their green beauty brand lük beautifood.

We often hear about detoxing diets - ridding our bodies from build up toxins and cleansing our bodies from the inside. But what can you do for your body from the outside?

Instead of feeding our bodies with chemical laden cosmetics, lük beautifood encourages their consumers to "detox their make up bag with cosmetics made from 100% natural vitamin and antioxidant rich clean foods".


lük beautifood is an Australian brand that offers a range of different make up products made from 100% clean active food. Their website is full of interesting and fun information that promotes holistic beauty and a clean and healthy lifestyle. Do you want to go green with your beauty regime? Then read on...

Currently hot in the shopping cart is their Lip Nourish.

I was sent the Chai Shimmer in Golden Nude to review.

The idea of the Lip Nourish is a natural lipstick/lip balm that hydrates, nourishes and at the same time adds a hint of colour to achieve a natural glow.

My Chai Shimmer Lip Nourish came in the most cute packaging! It was wrapped in a soft, colourful fabric printed with a beautiful shot of fresh ingredients from a happy kitchen. You could almost smell the fruity zest of it all! This excellent idea made unwrapping my Lip Nourish so much more fun!


The Chai Shimmer comes in a small white tube with a bright orange lük beautifood logo. As soon as you twist the tube - you see an elevating soft, golden brown lip balm with lots of fine shimmer. It smells of sweet chai spices, which I completely love (who doesn't?)!! ♡♡

The fine shimmer makes applying the lip balm feel like I'm exfoliating my lips. Before I knew it, my lips were covered with a nice translucent sheer and lots of shimmer!!

I was able to wear this for hours without my lips feeling dry. The lip balm doesn't wear off easily with water either. So you don't have to reapply every few hours, which means the lip balm can last a lot longer and is better value.
Sweet chai and shimmer omg!!

My Impression:
This is an absolute hit with me! I absolutely love the smell and the feel of the Chai Shimmer. I'm such a glitter/shimmer girl, so the add of shimmer to this product is genius. It's definitely a lip balm that I can use daily to moisturise my lips and also add some sparkle. I feel like the shimmer gives me a natural mood lift. Knowing that I'm wearing something that's made from 100% natural and clean product makes it feel so damn good! I can't wait to order other flavours of the Lip Nourish to try out!

Here is the ingredient list from lük beautifood's website:
Avocado (Persea americana) Oil, Castor (Ricinus communis) Oil, Sesame (Sesamum indicum) Oil, Candelilla (Eupohorbia Certifera) Wax, Jojoba Esters, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Isopropyl Jojobate, Jojoba Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Corn Starch, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Tocopherol, Lecithin, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) Oil, Vanilla Bean (Vanilla Planifolia) Natural Flavour Oil, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491).
Overall Rating: Sorry but it's 10/10 again.
Pros: sweet chai fragrance, hint of golden beige colour and lots of shimmer! Natural sheer colour. Long moisturising power and 100% natural ingredients. Edible lipstick. Will go back to buy more!
Cons: none that I can think of

Hope you have found this review helpful. If you liked it, please give it a "g+1" or leave a comment for feedback.

Check the lük beautifood website: http://lukbeautifood.com for more 100% natural and 100% pure fruit pigmented cosmetics to detoxify your make up bag today!



much love,
x Billie

1 comment:

  1. Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept
    mink lashes for sale

    ReplyDelete